- 1/2 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Brown Rice Flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt for topping (optional)
- Put the Erewhon Gluten-Free Crispy Brown Rice cereal in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until finely ground. Add the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, sea salt, paprika, and xanthum gum. Pulse until combined.
- Spread the diced butter around the flour and pulse until the butter has worked into the flour mixture and is the consistency of small peas.
- Mix together the water and vanilla. Add to the flour and butter mixture and pulse until combined. Dough will be wetter than a pie crust.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections. Flour each section before rolling out between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll to 1/8 inch to 1/16 inch thick. When desired thickness is reached, peel off the top layer of parchment paper, lightly flour the dough again, and
- set a baking sheet on top of the dough. The back of the baking sheet should be against the dough. Flip the sheet and the dough over, then peel off the remaining piece of parchment paper.
- Use a ruler and pizza wheel to cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch squares. Bake for 5 – 8 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Amy Green