- 2 cups Erewhon Supergrains Buckwheat and Hemp cereal
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, shelled
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- zest and juice of 2 limes*
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- *plus additional water (or lime juice) as needed to form dough
In a food processor, combine Buckwheat and Hemp cereal and pulse to a small crumb. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add pistachios to the food processor, pulse to small pieces. Add Medjools, lime zest, and juice, pulse to combine. While processing, add cereal mixture, combine completely. Press into a pan in an even layer use a juice glass to “roll” an even surface” and place in refrigerator to set, at least 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars.
In a small saucepan over lowest heat, melt chopped chocolate. Drizzle over bars.
This recipe can also be made bite size – simply roll dough into balls and dip in chocolate.
Source: Kristina Sloggett