- 3 pounds (1350 g) Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup (227 g) fat-free Ricotta
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) pure Maple Syrup (I prefer grade B for a more intense maple flavor)
- Cooking Spray
Corn Flakes Topping
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) pure Maple Syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (60 g) Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal
- 1 cup raw Pecans, chopped (or your favorite nuts)
Pre heat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork or sharp knife. Bake about 50-60 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Let them cool enough to safely peel off the skins. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Smash potatoes with a masher and combine them in a large bowl with the eggs salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ricotta and maple syrup. Set aside.
To create the topping, bring maple syrup and butter (or coconut oil) to a boil in a medium fry pan. Reduce heat to low immediately so it does not burn. Gently stir in corn flakes and nuts. Coat well.
Spray a large, oven safe 9X12” 4 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Fill with sweet potato mixture, spread evenly. Top with corn flakes mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Source: Marla Meridith