Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 center cut bone-in pork chops
- 2 cups crushed crisp rice cereal (I use Erewhon Crisp Brown Rice Gluten Free)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat the oven to 425 and prepare two shallow baking dishes.
- Then, shred the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. This is the kind to use. If you absolutely cannot get it, then use Parmesan in a block. I’d not use the powdered green canister for this recipe.
- Next, combine the crushed cereal, shredded cheese, sage, salt, pepper, and lemon zest in a shallow bowl.
- Melt the butter in another dish.
- Dip the pork chops in the butter. And then dip them in the cereal cheese mixture.
- Place the chops into the baking dishes.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, and then set oven to broil and place on top rack for about 5 minutes.