Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 medium or large tomatoes
- 2 cups Erewhon Organic Rice Twice Cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated on a Microplane or minced
- 6 or 8 turns of the pepper mill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out the seeds. Set them cut-side up in a baking dish.
- Put the Erewhon Rice Twice in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the steel blade. Process until the consistency of bread crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the parsley, garlic, and pepper to the cereal. Mix until combined. Drizzle with the olive oil and then work into the mixture with your hands. Divide the cereal topping evenly among the tomato halves.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the tomatoes are soft. If the topping starts to get too brown, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
Source: Amy Green