- 1 Box of Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice - Gluten Free Cereal
- 2 – 3 C GF Marshmallows
- 1 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 C Brown Rice Syrup
- In a medium to large saucepan heat the brown rice syrup on medium heat until it begins to liquefy, stirring so it does not stick to the bottom.
- When the brown rice syrup is a liquid, lower the heat to low and add about 1 C of marshmallows and the pumpkin pie spice and stir them into the brown rice syrup.
- Turn the heat off and pour the brown rice cereal into the brown rice syrup mix. Pour in batches about 2 – 3 cups at a time and stir the cereal into the liquid.
- Continue until you’ve used the entire box of cereal.
- Add about another cup of marshmallows and stir until incorporated. The mixture should be sticky and hard to stir. Add more marshmallows if necessary.
- Let the mix cool to room temperature and pour into a 9 x 9 cake pan. Press down on the mix with a spatula so it is firm into the bottom of the pan.
- In about an hour you can cut and eat.
Notes for Heather: If you have a hard time cutting through them and getting them to stay together, stop! They are not ready to be cut yet. Push down again with the spatula and have some patience. :)
Source: Heather Pare