Yield: 24 Candies
This recipe is vegan.
- 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine or shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice-Gluten Free Cereal
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (about 6 regular sized) or peppermint candy* *
To easily crush candy: Place unwrapped candy in a zip-top plastic bag and bang with a mallet or heavy can
Place chocolate chips, margarine and peppermint extract in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. If chips aren't completely melted, microwave in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir remaining ingredients into melted chocolate until well blended.
Drop by tablespoonfuls into mini paper baking cups, or onto a waxed paper covered baking sheet or tray. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Source: Amy Siegel