- 1 package (10 ounces, or 283 g) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) butter
- 6 cups (156 g) gluten-free crisped rice cereal
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup (65 g) creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces (171 g) dark chocolate, chopped, divided
Melt the marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Allow to brown a little, but not burn. Carefully and quickly stir in the cereal; stir to coat. Press with cooking spray–coated hands into a 9-inch (23-cm) baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Heat the peanut butter and 4 ounces (228 g) chocolate in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir well. Heat an additional 30 seconds; stir well. Stir in remaining chopped chocolate; stir until melted and smooth.
Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the top of the cereal in the pan. Freeze for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate sets. Cut into squares and serve.