- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 cups Erewhon Rice Twice Cereal
- 3 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Line one baking sheet with waxed paper. In a large bowl, mix icing sugar, peanut butter, coconut and 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter together until well blended. Gently fold in Erewhon Rice Twice cereal until well coated. Form into 2.5 cm (1-inch balls). To make the rolling of balls easier, use lightly dampened hands. Refrigerate on baking sheet 30 minutes.
- To make chocolate dip: In a medium saucepan, over low heat melt chocolate chips and remaining butter together. If the mixture is a bit thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons boiling water.
- Using two forks, drop a couple of peanut butter balls in chocolate mixture. Roll balls around in chocolate mixture to coat in chocolate. Chill on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until chocolate is set.
Other serving suggestions: peanut butter balls can be served plain or lightly drizzled with chocolate dip. To decorate balls with chocolate, use the tip of a spoon to drizzle chocolate over balls.
Source: Sandy Klocinski