- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Erewhon Rice Twice cereal
- 1 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened carob chips
Fit a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Meanwhile, put the coconut palm sugar in a blender and process until powdered. Add the powdered palm sugar to the butter and beat for 2 – 3 minuets on medium high. Add applesauce and egg. Beat until combined. Mix in vanilla.
Add the Erewhon Rice Twice cereal to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until very fine. Add the brown rice cereal, arrowroot flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Pulse to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in one addition. Beat until combined. Add oats and flax meal. Stir to combine. Add dried cherries and carob chips and mix just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to evenly portion the dough. Space two inches apart. Roll the balls of dough and then flatten them out. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges just start to get light golden brown. Let cool until set on the baking sheet, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Amy Green