Yield: 4 Mini Tarts
For the crust
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- 3 large Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and medium diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping
- 1 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free Cereal
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Make the crust
Put the walnuts and the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until finely ground. Add dates, melted coconut oil, and cinnamon. Process until the mixture comes together like a dough.
Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Press the dough into the tart pans.
Make the filling
Put the diced apples in a medium bowl. Toss with coconut palm sugar and cinnamon. Divide the apples between the four prepared tart pans.
Make the topping
Put the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in the food processor. Process until finely ground. Add the melted coconut oil and coconut palm sugar. Process until combined. Divide between the four tarts.
Place the tarts on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until the apples are fork tender. If the crust begins to get too brown, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Amy Green