- 3 granny smith apples, diced
- 3 Macoun apples, diced
- juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of Erewhon Brown Rice GF cereal, divided
- 1 cup of raw old fashioned oats, divided
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 egg
- In a food processor combine 1 cup Erewhon Brown Rice Cereal, 1/2 cup raw oats and pulse 5 to 7 times.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the rest of the oats and cereal, cinnamon, sugar and oat flour.
- Add the processed cereal to the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dice up apples and place into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon and toss until combined.
- Drizzle with honey and dot with butter and set aside.
- Back to the topping, melt the butter in a microwave safe dish about 30 seconds.
- Add melted butter and egg to cereal/flour mixture and combine.
- Top apples with crumb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Or until crust is golden brown and crunchy, and apples are bubbling. Enjoy!
Source: Lynda Layng