- 1/2 to 3/4 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten-Free Cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened SunButter (if using sweetened SunButter, see note below)
- 1/2 cup honey or a different liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup very finely shredded unsweetened coconut, like Let’s Do Organic coconut shreds, or process coconut flakes in a Cuisinart until finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or Zante currants (you want dried fruit that is small – you could finely chop up other dried fruit if you can’t find either of these)
NOTE: If using sweetened Sunbutter, you will need to cut back on the sweetener to your taste.
- Pulse cereal in a food processor to turn into crumbs. Put in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together SunButter, honey, and ground flax seed to form a thick dough. Add the coconut, chocolate chips and blueberries and stir until well mixed. The dough should be thick but not too sticky to form into small balls. If it seems too wet or sticky, add more flax meal or coconut. If it is too dry, add more honey or SunButter.
- Pinch off a bit of dough, about a tablespoon, and gently pat into a ball. Drop it into the bowl of cereal crumbs. Repeat with a few more balls, trying to keep them from touching. Gently toss the balls in the crumbs until they are well coated.
- Remove balls and set on plate or tray. Repeat until all the dough is used. Refrigerate balls until firm and serve.
Source: Alison St. Sure