Having trouble finding a Rice Crispy Treat recipe that fits with your gluten free diet? This gluten free, dairy free rice crispy treat recipe is a gluten free dessert that is easy to make and kid-friendly. They’re also the perfect gluten free treats for kids.
Easy to remember! 4-4-4 (or 2-2-2 if you want just a small batch)
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance dairy-free butter or coconut oil (coconut oil will result in crunchier treat with a hint of coconut flavor)
- 4 cups gluten free mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Erewhon Cinnamon Crispy Brown Rice
- Heat dairy-free butter or coconut oil on low heat until almost melted.
- Add marshmallow and heat S-L-O-W-L-Y in a large saucepan, with little to no stirring, until the marshmallows are almost melted together. Be patient.
- Stir gently until the marshmallows resemble marshmallow cream. It should be light and fluffy. If you heat it too quickly, it will become tough and sticky, making for a tough treat. If using coconut oil, it will seem like it is not stirring in at first, but gently continue to incorporate it in until you don't see anymore in the edges of the pan.
- When it is creamy and the butter or oil is blended in, turn off the heat, and pour the rice cereal into the pan, gently blending the marshmallow with the cereal until evenly distributed.
- Pour into any kind of greased pan.
- Cut the treats with cookie cutters while warm or cool. If using coconut oil, it is better to cut the treats before they cool. To cut, flip the treats out of the pan onto a cutting board. Cut with a knife or use cookie cutters. If using cookie cutters, you may have to run a knife along the edge to break the marshmallow strands. If the edges of the shapes turn out a bit rough, simply mold the edges with your hands to make smooth.
- When cool, store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
Source: Alison St. Sure for Attune Foods