- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 cup Erewhon organic corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Slice the corn kernels off the cobs into a bowl. Add the milk, egg, baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour and crushed cornflakes over the mixture. Stir until combined. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to fully absorb the flour and cornflakes.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, pour in the oil. Drop the fritters by heaping tablespoons into the hot oil.
- Cook the fritters until they have set a bit and are ready to flip about 2 minutes. Cook on the other side until the fritters are browned and puffed up a bit.