Yield: 15 Skewers
- 2 pounds organic Chicken Breast, trim excess fat and cut into 1/4 inch pieces lengthwise
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 2 1/2 cups (45 grams) Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free Cereal
- a few pinches of cracked Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- Grapeseed or Olive Oil
- 15 wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes prior to using (you need to do this so the skewers do not burn)
- In a food processor grind seasonings and rice cereal until you have a fine crumb (leave out the oregano.)
- Put mixture in a bowl, stir in the oregano last.
- Dip chicken in eggs, let excess drip off. Coat with the rice crumbs.
- Carefully thread each piece of chicken onto a soaked skewer. Be sure that the skewer goes through the center of the chicken.
- Brush some oil in a grill pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
Source: Marla Meridith