- 2 bananas, thickly sliced (1/2 to 1-inch slices)
- ½ pound strawberries
- ½ cup yogurt (I use a dairy-free, unsweetened yogurt)
- ½ tablespoon melted coconut oil, optional
- Sweetener, as needed to taste (I use 8 to 10 drops of stevia, can omit if using a somewhat sweet yogurt)
- Toppings (crushed organic graham crackers, regular or cocoa crispy rice cereal, finely chopped probiotic dark chocolate, crushed whole grain cereal – such as Buckwheat & Hemp, mini dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Place the banana slices and strawberries on a tray or silicone baking mat in the freezer, spread out so they are not touching one another, and freeze until solid (2 hours or overnight).
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl. If using the coconut oil (helps the outside to set-up more firmly) then let the yogurt come to room temperature, but do not heat it. Whisk in the coconut oil, if using. If not using, cold yogurt is fine. Taste test, and add sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Place desired toppings in individual bowls.
- Remove fruit from the freezer and dip into the yogurt, roll in the toppings, and place back on tray or silicone baking mat. I hold the strawberries by their stems and stab each frozen banana slice with a toothpick for easy dipping and rolling.
- Place the dipped fruit back in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to set-up. Enjoy! If frozen for longer, let the fruit sit at room temperature for 10 minutes (or more if needed) to soften a touch.
Other Summer Fruit Options
Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries or Fruit Slices (peaches, apricots, or nectarines)
Source: Alisa Fleming for Attune Foods