- 8 oz. fresh cooked salmon, flaked
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1/2 red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Place the kale, carrots, onion, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a saute pan. Saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, being sure to stir frequently.
- In a large bowl, fold together the flaked salmon, egg, sauteed veggies, flax meal, 1/3 cup crushed brown rice cereal, salt, pepper, and parsley. Place the remaining olive oil into a skillet.
- Put the remaining crushed rice cereal into a small bowl. Scoop out the mixture using a 1/3 cup measuring cup. Form the mixture into a patty and roll in the crumbs.
- Place in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side. The cakes should be golden.