Yield: 3-4 Servings
- 1/2 cup (packed) dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced fine
- 1 1/3 cups Erewhon Corn Flakes
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 large pears, scrubbed clean
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine dates and ginger with water. Mash with a fork as dates absorb water, turning to paste. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, pulse cornflakes and cashews to a medium sized crumb. Stir into ginger date paste, combining to a cobbler crumble.
- Slice pears horizontally (or slice in a Hasselback style, cutting 2/3 down with each cut, leaving base intact), removing core/seeds. Divide pear slices into 3 or 4 servings, place first slice on serving plate. Alternating between pear slices and cobbler filling, create an individual cobbler stack (if slicing Hasselback style, simply fill each cut with cobbler filling).
- Serve immediately, or place on (parchment) baking sheet and bake at 325 for 20-23 minutes or until pear is softened.
Source: Kristina Sloggett