- 3 cups Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, in solid form
Tart Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups (about 11 ounces) dried black mission figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, in solid form
Make the Crust
Put the Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal and the coconut palm sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until the consistency of sand. Add the coconut oil and pulse until combined. Process just until the crust sticks together. Be careful not to process too long or the oil will melt and the crust will be difficult to press into the pan.
Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a rectangular 14”x4” tart pan. Refrigerate while making the tart filling.
Make the Tart Filling
Put the coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium saucepan and heat to a boil. Add the quartered figs and cook until the figs soften. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until roughly chopped. Return to the saucepan and add in walnuts and figs. Stir to combine, then process roughly 1/4 of the mixture in the food processor until smooth. Stir all filing ingredients together and then transfer mixture to the chilled crust.
Refrigerate until firm and then wrap. Slice while cold and serve at room temperature. Can make up to 3 days ahead of time.
Source: Amy Green