Yield: 24 Treat Pops
- Cooking spray
- 7 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 24-ounce package almond bark
- Decorating items: sprinkles, shredded coconut, nonpareils, jimmies,
- mini chocolate chips, etc. – enough to decorate 24 pops
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Lightly coat a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Pour Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal into the bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mini marshmallows and continue to cook until they’re melted. Make sure to stir often so the marshmallows and butter don’t burn.
- Remove from heat and pour marshmallow mixture on top of the Erewhon cereal. Stir to combine. (If needed, use your hands to gently combine the mixture. Make sure to coat your hands with cooking spray first.)
- Coat your hands with cooking spray so the treats don’t stick to your hands. Form the cereal and marshmallow mixture into 24 (2-inch) balls. Put aside for 30 minutes until the balls harden. (You can put the balls in the freezer for 15 minutes to speed up the process.)
- Melt the almond bark according to package directions.
- Dip treat balls into the almond bark to coat completely. Shake off excess.
- Roll ball in sprinkles, shredded coconut, etc. before almond bark hardens.
- Place coated and decorated balls on a wax paper or silicone baking mat. Let almond bark harden.
- Remove extra bark and decorations from the bottom of your ball. (The side that was on the mat or waxed paper.)
- Gently stick the lollipop stick into the bottom of your ball being careful not to push it all the way through. (Using a twisting motion helps.)
Source: Anne-Marie Nichols