- 1 Cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice with Mixed Berries Cereal
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 Teaspoons Coconut Oil or Cocoa Butter, melted and divided
- 1 Tablespoon + 4 Teaspoons Raw Honey (can substitute agave nectar for vegan), divided
- 2 Ounces Raw Cashews (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1 Cup Berries + Extra for Garnish (see note below)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 25mg Scoop Pure Stevia Extract (powdered), or sweeten to taste with favorite sweetener
- Place the cereal in a medium-sized bowl. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil or cocoa butter with 1 tablespoon of the honey or agave. Pour the coconut-honey mixture over the cereal, and stir to thoroughly coat. Don’t be afraid to get in there and stir with your hands!
- Spread the cereal mixture on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and place in the freezer to chill while you make the rest.
- Grind the cashews in your spice grinder or small food processor.
- Place the ground cashews, 1 cup berries, 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or cocoa butter, 4 teaspoons honey or agave (you may want to start with less if your berries are really sweet), vanilla, and stevia (if using), in your blender or food processor (I use a small personal blender), and whiz until smooth. If using seeded berries like raspberries or blackberries, some small seeds may remain.
- Give it a taste test, and add more sweetener if needed.
- You can use it right away, but I prefer to chill it for at least 30 minutes to thicken. If it thickens up too much, whisk in some water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency (at most, I use 2 teaspoons).
- Pick two of your favorite wine, champagne, or otherwise cute glasses (pretty glasses make parfaits taste even better!).
- Remove the crispy cereal from the freezer and crumble it lightly with your hands.
- Dollop half of the berry-cashew mixture into each glass. Top that with half of the crispy cereal crumbles. Repeat the layers using up the other half of each. Top with some more berries, and serve with a long spoon.
Source: Alisa Fleming