- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 cups Erewhon Organic Buckwheat & Hemp Cereal
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and place a roasting, baking or cooling rack on a baking sheet, and spray it with cooking spray. I use my cookie cooling racks – it allows air to circulate under the nuggets and crisp up both sides.
- Sprinkle the chicken bites evenly with the 1/4 teaspoon of salt and about half of the pepper.
- Place the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl with the coconut milk, curry powder, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine.
- Place the seasoned chicken bites in the coconut milk mixture, and stir to coat.
- Put the cereal in a spice grinder and pulse to create coarse crumbs. Alternately, you can put the cereal in a large plastic bag and have fun smashing!
- Pour the cereal into a shallow dish, and one-by-one, roll the coated chicken nuggets in the cereal to coat.
- Place them on your greased baking sheet or racks.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until baked through and lightly crispy on the outside.
Source: Alisa Fleming