Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice – No Salt Added Cereal
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (California or New Mexico preferred)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1/3 cup cooking oil – grapeseed or other high smoke point oil
- Add cereal, spices, seasoning and lemon zest to a food processor. Grind until rice reduces to the size of sand particles.
- Add the rice “breading” mixture to a large bowl, a piece of wax paper or foil for dredging the chicken.
- Slice chicken breasts in half, horizontally to create flat fillets.
- Dip and coat each chicken fillet in egg whites and dredge in rice breading, coating completely. We use a spoon fill any bare spots.
- Heat half of the oil over medium-high. Saute four of the fillets for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate layered with 2 paper towels.
- Heat the remaining oil and repeat with the final four fillets.
Source: Johanna of The Low Sodium Blog