- One package (16 ounces) chocolate-flavored candy coating (also called “chocolate bark”)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice – Gluten Free Cereal
You will also need
- a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan
- parchment paper
- Place a large cookie sheet in your freezer until well chilled – one to two hours.
- In a large bowl, mix cereal, dried cherries and 1/4 cup dried cranberries together.
- Melt candy coating (bark) according to directions.
- Stir melted chocolate into the cereal and dried fruit mixture.
- Spread mixture onto the cold, parchment lined baking sheet. (Use the pack of a spatula or an offset spatula to spread the mixture.)
- Once spread, sprinkle on remaining cranberries and gently press into the surface.
- Cover with parchment and place into freezer until solid – 30 to 60 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Instead of chocolate candy coating, try vanilla. Substitute other dried fruits and nuts for the dried cherries and cranberries. Instead of sprinkling cranberries on top, tried shredded, unsweetened coconut.
Source: Anne-Marie Nichols