- 5 cups water or regular almond milk or a mix (I used 2 cups water and 3 cups almond milk)
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornmeal
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Sweet Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup egg whites or 2 eggs or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (for vegan version)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 20 drops vanilla stevia (or 2 TBSP sugar or honey)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 6 cups Erewhon Organic Corn Flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup almond milk (for vegan)
- garlic powder
- In a large glass bowl, combine the water, milk, cornmeal, corn flour, rice flour, egg, salt, and stevia. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook your waffles, add the apple cider vinegar and baking powder to the batter.
- Heat your waffle iron and prepare the waffles according to your manufacturer’s directions. These can be prepared the day before and reheated in the oven or toaster oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the cornflakes and chopped rosemary to resemble a coarse meal. Don’t make into a flour, make sure you leave some larger chunks.
- Pour your cornflakes into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisks your eggs.
- If your chicken breasts are large, cut in half to make them fit well on your waffles.
- Season your chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Next, dip your chicken into the egg mixture and then into the cornflake mixture, press the corn flakes into the chicken so it coats well.
- Place the coated breasts onto prepared pans.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with olive oil spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Source: Sarena Shasteen of Non-Dairy Queen