- 1 lb fish fillet (I used halibut, but I’ve seen other fish stick recipes call for cod or tilapia — any firm mild fish will do)
- 2 cups Erewhon Corn Flakes
- Mayonnaise (I used egg-free mayonnaise)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make cornflakes into crumbs, using a food processor, or – the easy way – put them in a plastic bag and roll them with a rolling pin (or crush them with your hands! Just get them crushed somehow). Pour them onto a plate or wide bowl.
- Put a couple of spoonfuls of mayonnaise into a different bowl.
- Pat fish dry and cut fish fillet into ¾-inch-wide strips.
- Season fish with salt (and pepper if you like).
- Dip a fish strip into the mayonnaise, making sure to coat it completely. Then dip into the cornflake crumbs and coat completely, sprinkling more on top if needed. Repeat with all fish strips.
- Place coated fish onto a baking pan (if your pan tends to stick, you might want to rub with oil first).
- Bake fish sticks until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. Some suggestions are tartar sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, ranch dressing, lemon juice, cocktail sauce, creamy horseradish.
Source: Alison St. Sure