- 2 1/2 cups Erewhon Organic Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free Cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking gluten-free oats
- 1 cup juice-sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite seed or nut butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt ONLY if your nut/seed butter is no salt added
Whisk together the Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, oats, chopped cranberries, flax meal, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large, heat-proof bowl.
In a large saucepan, heat the honey and coconut palm sugar over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until the coconut palm sugar dissolves.
Stir the peanut butter into the honey mixture while still over the heat. Stir until completely combined, then stir in the vanilla and salt.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir the ingredients together until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
Press the cookie mixture into a lightly oiled 9×13-inch pan or portion into bite-sized, granola-like pieces and set on a baking tray. Let cool completely. Cut cookies into 2×2-inch squares if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Amy Green