- 1/2 cup dark Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup SunButter
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup dairy-free, soy-free chocolate chips
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch pan.
- Place dark Karo syrup and sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the SunButter, mixing well until combined. Add the rice crispies and mix, working quickly. Press the mixture into the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, stirring at 30-second increments, or melt in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the rice crispy mixture. Let cool until the chocolate layer sets. Cut into 16 squares once cool.