- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 T dairy-free margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Erewhon Gluten Free crispy Brown Rice
- Cereal Dipping:
- 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Boil the syrup over medium heat until it reaches the soft ball stage (234F).
- Remove the syrup from the stove, add in the margarine and mix together well.
- Stir in the rice cereal and drop by small spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool and harden before dipping in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Stir to blend. Lower heat to maintain a warm temperature to dip chocolates.
- Drop the maple crisps into chocolate and roll to coat completely.
- Remove with a fork to help remove excess chocolate. Place on wax paper to set up.