- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups Erewhon Gluten-Free Crispy Brown Rice
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix oil, syrups, and vinegar in the microwave (or heat on stove top) until melted.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs. In a large mixing bowl, add coconut flakes and crispy rice.
- Then stir in oil and syrup mixture until incorporated. Add eggs until fully combined. Then mix in chocolate chips.
- In a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper, smooth mixture into pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Source: Hilary Fleming Zwahlen