- 5 Cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal Gluten-Free
- 1/2 Cup Organic Unsweetened Dried Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate*
- 1 tsp Organic Palm Shortening
*optional can be left out or substituted for your favorite chocolate
- Lightly grease two cookies sheets.
- In a small pan, toast dried coconut over medium heat until lightly browned.
- In a heat safe bowl measure out brown rice cereal and add the toasted coconut. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown rice syrup, cane sugar, and vanilla bean over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until mixture starts to boil. Continue boiling for about 3 minutes.
- Add syrup to dry ingredients mixing thoroughly, drop large scoops onto prepared cookie sheet and form into circles. Allow cooling.
- Melt chocolate and palm shortening in saucepan and drizzle over cooled treats. Place in fridge for 15 minutes for chocolate to set. Enjoy!
Source: Rachel Wolff