Yield: 8 Servings
- ¾ cup Erewhon Gluten Free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- a few pinches coarse ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Herbs, such as Thyme or Oregano
- 2 pounds ground Chicken (I like to mix dark and light meat)
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari (use this for gluten free diets)
- ½ cup diced canned Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Pulse the brown rice cereal in a food processor or crush in a bag until you have a fine crumb.
Combine the chicken with the cereal crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and herbs. Make a well in the center and slowly add in the egg, tamari sauce and tomatoes. Mix with hands until well combined.
Make a mound in the center of a casserole dish and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and top the meatloaf with some marinara sauce. Bake uncovered for about another 10 minutes until meat is cooked through.
You could add hot sauce to this dish for an added kick of spice. Topping with marinara sauce is also a delicious add on. I love to serve this dish over quinoa, pasta, rice, or veggies.
Source: Marla Meridith