- 1 cup (34 g) Erewhon Corn Flakes
- 1 cup (65 g) Uncle Sam cereal
- 1/2 cup (30 g) Erewhon Brown Rice Cereal
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are great)
- 1/2 cup (55 g) fruit sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (55 g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup (I prefer darker, stronger flavored grade B)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Bring maple syrup and coconut oil to a boil. Remove it from the heat immediately.
- Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Carefully pour the maple mixture over the cereal mix and then combine well with a spatula.
- Layer the granola/cereal mix on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Let the granola cool and break big pieces apart with your hands if needed.
If you are adding chocolate chips, add them once the granola is cool so they don’t melt.
Source: Marla Meridith