- 4 tablespoons butter + more for buttering a dish
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped or slivered
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- Butter a small baking dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk until butter is browned and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Reduce heat to low and add in Marshmallows - continue to stir until melted.
- Add spices and whisk together.
- Remove from heat and add in almonds, raisins, and rice cereal.
- Use a sturdy spoon or spatula to stir until combined.
- Transfer into the buttered dish, then when cool, cut into squares.
Source: Charissa Luke of Zest Bakery