Yield: 14-16 Cookies
- ¾ cup sweet white sorghum flour
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon cold unsalted butter or buttery non-dairy spread, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup yogurt or soy or coconut yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- Milk or soy milk for brushing
- Additional brown sugar for sprinkling (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch/flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until the brown sugar is blended into the ingredients. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl using a mixer, beat the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until light yellow and thick, about 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients and beat about 1 minute. Fold in the blueberries and cereal.
- Using a medium scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 1 inch between each. Use a sheet of plastic wrap to gently press and smooth the scones into ½ -inch-thick disks. Brush with milk, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Serve warm.
NOTE: The cookies may be reheated. These freeze well.