Yield: 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup Erewhon Rice Twice Cereal
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, preferably organic
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil 6 (4-ounce) ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Set aside.
Put the coconut palm sugar, Erehwon Rice Twice Cereal, toasted pecans, teff flour, 1/4 cup arrowroot flour, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse several times then process until uniformly combined.
Add the eggs, then with the food processor running add the almond milk. Process until uniform.
Place the frozen berries in a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining tablespoon of arrowroot flour. Transfer the batter to the bowl with the blueberries and gently stir to incorporate. Divide the batter evenly between the six prepared ramekins and bake for 35 – 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Amy Green for Attune Foods