Yield: 16 Bars
- 1 cup Erewhon Gluten-Free Cornflakes Cereal
- 2 cups Erewhon Gluten-Free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large organic eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan by lightly coating with oil.
Put the Erewhon Gluten-Free Cornflakes and Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Cover and process until finely ground. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Pulse until combined.
Add the almond butter, mashed banana, honey, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the flour mixture in the food processor. Pulse several times then puree until combined. Add carob chips and pulse several times to incorporate, taking care not to chop them to pieces.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 18 – 22 minutes, rotating 180 degrees halfway through. Let cool in the pan before serving.
Source: Amy Green