Yield: 24 Cookies
- 3 cups crushed Erewhon Buckwheat & Hemp cereal*
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 24 dried cherries or 12 apricots halved
- 2 ounces white or dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Adjust oven racks to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cereal, condensed milk, and almonds in a medium bowl. Using well-greased hands, grab a portion of the cereal mixture (figure about 1/4 cup) and place on a large Silpat-or greased the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top each with a dried cherry and bake, one sheet at a time until just set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes to set, and then transfer with a metal spatula to a wire rack to cool completely; set the cookie sheet on the wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave or in a small heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in oil so that chocolate drizzles.
- Using fork tines, drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let cookies stand until chocolate sets.
- Serve (Can store in a tin or refrigerate for a week or freeze for a month in gallon-size zipper-lock bags.)
Attune Breakfast Cookies with Pistachios, Apricots, and White Chocolate Variation
Follow recipe for Attune Breakfast Cookies with Almonds, Cherries, and Dark Chocolate, substituting an equal amount of whole roasted pistachios for the almonds, 12 halved dried apricots for the cherries and white chocolate for the dark. (Depending on the brand, you may need a little more oil to thin the white chocolate for drizzling.)
Source: Pam Anderson