- 3/4 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened hemp milk
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Amy’s Basic Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 large organic eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups organic, peeled and chopped apples
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
Combine the applesauce, hemp milk, and flaxseed meal in a small bowl. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal until finely ground. Add Amy’s Basic Flour Blend, the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse until combined.
In a large bowl, beat together the coconut oil and coconut palm sugar until light and airy. Beat in one egg at a time, letting the first fully incorporate before you add the second. Mix in the applesauce mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until almost combined and then stir in the chopped apples. The batter will be thick.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until a toothpick tests clean and the top of the cake is a light golden brown. Let cake cool completely before serving.
Source: Amy Green