Yield: 24 Cookies
- 2 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, divided
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla rice-based protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp goji berries (or raisins, chopped dates, dried cranberries, etc)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk, or coconut beverage
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment, or spray with nonstick spray.
Place 1-1/2 cups cereal in the bowl of a food processor (save the rest for later) along with the psyllium, flax, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and process to a powder. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the goji berries, coconut, chocolate chips and final 1/2 cup rice cereal and stir to combine.
In the same processor (no need to clean it), blend the sunflower butter, dates, milk and coconut sugar until smooth. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl and stir to form a soft “dough.” Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop the mixture onto prepared cookie sheets; flatten the cookies slightly. Bake for 16-20 minutes, rotating the sheets about halfway through baking, until browned on the edges. Cool before sampling. Makes about 20 cookies. May be frozen.